Free Printable Goal Setting Worksheet. The Power of the Big Three: How I Set and Crush Goals for my Personal and Business Life.
Printable Goal Setting Worksheet
One of simplest yet most powerful elements that have helped me turn my blog into a full-time business is the power of goal setting. Did you know that one of the main differences between people who achieve their goals and those who don’t come down to one simple thing?
Writing them down.
Sounds too easy, right? A study by Dr. Gail Matthews showed that people who simply write down their goals are 42% more likely to achieve them. It’s certainly been a game changer for me.
The Basics of Goal Setting
- Write down your goals. Yes, I already said this but it’s SO important. And it’s easy. I keep my goals for the year in a Google Spreadsheet. I also write them in my paper planner, so they’re quickly visible. Having the goals where I can see them motivates me to keep pursuing them. I create a list of at least ten goals for myself each year, and they’re usually a combo of personal and professional goals.
- Make them measurable. General goals are ok, but they’re harder to achieve and measure. For example, instead of writing down “Focus on SEO this year.” write “Use SEO to grow organic site traffic by 15% this year.” See how you can really measure and track the latter goal?
- Schedule regular check-ins. I check in with my goals on the first of each month, so I can keep track of how I’m doing.
- Find (or create) a Tribe. Consider creating a small Facebook group with like-minded friends where you can share your goals and help hold each other accountable. I do this and love that it keeps me on track. It’s also a great place to support each other’s ups and downs along the way.
- The Power of the Big Three. A goal list can get pretty lengthy, so I only focus on three goals at any given time. Each day, I pick the top three most important things on my to-do list. I do the same thing for each month/week/quarter/year. This is truly my “secret weapon” for getting so much done. Picking three goals, and only three goals, helps you focus and makes achieving those goals seem more attainable each day/week/month/year.
Free Printable Goal Setting Worksheet
To help you kick things off this year, I’ve created a goal setting worksheet that will help you focus on your top three goals for your Business, Life, and Health. I like to separate my health goals from general life goals since being healthy helps you excel in all areas of life!
My Goals for 2018
I thought it might be helpful for me to share some of my goals for this year with you.
- Use SEO to grow organic site traffic by 15-20%. My main site currently gets about 40% organic traffic. (I’ll talk more about SEO in coming posts.)
- Launch a 13 Module Course on Blogging as a Creative Business During Q1.
- Work ahead in preparation to take a lot of the Summer off to move back to the U.S. from Germany. (International moves are no joke, but we’re so excited to be headed back to Charleston, SC this Summer!)
- Read at least one “just for fun” book a month. I’m currently working my way through the entire Harry Potter Series.
- Go on at least one date night a month with the Hubby. (This is way harder than it sounds because he’s gone a lot for work this year!)
- Take one afternoon a week off work to do something fun: take an online course, letter just for fun, go get a pedicure, or meet a friend for coffee. (I’m a bit of a workaholic and major introvert so I need to force myself to get out more.)
- Workout six days a week, alternating cardio and weight workout.
- Focus on eating clean at least 90% of the time. Snack mindfully on healthier options like fresh veggies, green smoothies, and popcorn.
- Lose 10 pounds. All the yummy bread and delicious wine that go along with living in Europe have not been kind to my waistline!
Homework: Print this worksheet + set some goals!
Hang your Printable Goal Setting Worksheet where you can see it every day. Then come back to tell me some of the goals you set in the comments!
Connect with Me
With Heart + Hustle,