DIY Fresh Linens Sign + Free SVG Cut File. Grab my free cut file and whip up this farmhouse-style wood sign in less than 20 minutes!
SHOP THIS POST
DIY Fresh Linens Sign
I’m a hardcore homebody, but I do like to stay busy around the house. With all the extra time at home right now due to the Coronavirus, I’ve been knocking out a ton of DIYs (that have been on my to-do list for several months).
Today, I added vinyl labels to all my doors, and I also whipped up this wood sign for the area above the towel bar in our master bath.
I’m sharing the basic tutorial for the sign, plus the free cut file. Designing the cut file took me about an hour, but the actual sign creation takes less than 20 minutes!
DIY Fresh Linens Sign: Supplies
- Wood Sign. I used this blank one, but you can also make one from scratch or use my “hack” below.
- Black Matte Permanent Vinyl. I use this one by Oracal 651.
- Transfer Tape. I strongly prefer this one with the alignment grid.
- Cutting Machine. I use the Silhouette CAMEO.
- Vinyl Tools. I used the hook tool for weeding the vinyl and the scraper for applying the vinyl.
- Fresh Linens Cut File. Download buttons are below the next photo.
Wood Sign Hack Tip! I often head to Hobby Lobby and TJ Maxx to get cheap signs like these. Just paint over whatever is on them with white chalk paint and then add your own designs with vinyl.
Download the Fresh Linens Cut File
HOW TO DOWNLOAD ZIPPED FILES
The Cut File files are in a zip format. You just need to unzip the file to access your chose file format type.
- On a computer: Save the zipped file to your desktop and uncompress it.
- On your phone/iPad: If you are downloading directly to a mobile device or tablet, you will need to install an app (such as FileExplorer Free) onto your iPad/phone FIRST. Then you will be able to open the zipped file.
This free design is for personal use only. I used the Indigo Moon Font + Glyphs to design the Fresh Linens SVG. If you love it and want to use it on things you sell, you’d need to purchase it and create your own original designs.
Creating the DIY Fresh Linens Wood Sign
You can watch a short video of the steps over on my Instagram Stories. I share some bonus tips in there as well.
If you’re a total newbie to the CAMEO and need more detailed instructions, check out this beginner tutorial for Cutting Vinyl with the Silhouette CAMEO.
BASIC VINYL SIGN STEPS:
- Use your Silhouette CAMEO (or another cutting machine) to cut the design on vinyl.
- Apply the vinyl to the sign using the transfer tape.
- Hang and enjoy!
SVG CUT FILE FAQS
I’m getting an error message when I click the Studio3 (Silhouette) file, and it won’t open.
Yep, that’s because your computer doesn’t know what program to use to open it.
- To open it, you need to open Silhouette Studio first.
- Then go to File>Open and select the file from your desktop (or wherever you saved the cut file).
- Voilá! It should work now.
How Do I Use the SVGs?
How Do I Get the Designs into My Silhouette Studio?
Unless you’re buying from the Silhouette Design Store, designs won’t automatically download to Silhouette Studio. Whomp, Whomp. But don’t worry, it’s still easy to save them to your library!
- First, save the downloads to a folder on your desktop.
- Then, open Silhouette Studio.
- From within the software, Go to File>Open and select the design(s) you want to use.
- Once you have them open, you can go to File>Save>Save to Library to save them in Silhouette Studio.
SHOP THIS POST
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
DIY Weekly Meal Plan Chalkboard and Free SVG Cut File
Check it out right here!
Have Fun Creating this DIY Fresh Linens Wood Sign!