I’m Dawn. A 30-something Air Force Wife and mom of three kids (ages 8, 10, and 12) and two dogs. We’ve moved a lot over the past 15 years as a military family, but we currently call our favorite city home: Charleston, South Carolina.
We haven’t had a proper family pic taken in years, so here’s a mashup of my crew!
Home is my happy place
I am perfectly content staying home for days on end, which is good because I also work from home. Since 2011, I’ve run Dawn Nicole Designs, a Hand-Lettering + Calligraphy Blog full-time.
We built our current home in 2018, and I’ve had so much fun decorating it in a Coastal Farmhouse Style.
This blog is a place to share my love of making everyday life a little more lovely, and I hope it inspires you to do the same!
FIVE Random Facts
- I’m really friendly, so people are always surprised to find out I’m a major introvert and completely content to hang out by myself. My homebody level borderlines on hermit.
- I’m always, always, always on time (like, ridiculously and neurotically punctual).
- I love kindness, typography, coffee, ampersands, too many TV shows, Thai food, ripped jeans, and oversized hoop earrings.
- We love traveling. We were stationed in Germany for two years, which gave us a fabulous opportunity to travel. Places we’ve visited include Australia, France, Spain, the Czech Republic, Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Netherlands, and Ireland! Our wanderlust list grows each time we travel.
- My favorite bible verse is Proverbs 16:24. Kind words are like honey-sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
Life in the Lowcountry
Charleston is dreamy! If you’ve never been, I highly recommend you plan a visit ASAP. Just not in July. It’s our hottest month of the year and you’ll legit melt. 😜 Spring and late Fall are my favorite times of the year here.
- Our neighborhood is new but it reminded us of the beloved Rainbow Row in downtown Charleston (but much more budget-friendly, LOL)! The downside of colorful row houses is that we don’t have a driveaway. We pull right into our garage from a back alley.
- We live about 9 miles from the Isle of Palms, SC Beach. My brother, Shawn, snapped this awesome pic with his drone when they visited last Summer.